I N T E R I M P A S T O R
DAVE is serving as our Interim Pastor. He will deliver the message during Sunday morning services and work with our leaders and staff part-time during the week. He was born and raised in Charleston and McCormick, SC. He is a retired Military Chaplain (Colonel) and he holds a
One of my favorite Scriptures is Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
I really like fried chicken and BBQ.
- I root for the Atlanta Braves.
- Right now I am reading Developing A Powerful Praying Church by Dr. Richard Blackaby and Rev. Rick Fisher.
- The ministry I’m most passionate about is Global Missions.
- On a day off I’d rather be riding my Harley with Faye.
- Some places I’ve traveled are India, Romania, Jordan, and Ghana.
D I S C I P L E S H I P P A S T O R
JIM joined the WBC family in 2015. He is also the applications engineering manager for a local aerospace manufacturing company and has two engineering degrees from the University of Tennessee and a Master of Divinity degree from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Jim and his wife Patricia have a daughter and 3 grandchildren.
- My favorite Scripture is Romans 6:17–18 "17But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, 18and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness."
- I’m currently reading The Message of the Sermon on the Mount by John Stott and The Christian Salt and Light Company by Haddon Robinson.
- My wife Patricia and I enjoy training for and running in
spartanraces. I'm also training for my second marathon this year.
- Patricia and I enjoy working in our yard, going to the beach, and hiking.
W O R S H I P P A S T O R
CHRISTOPHER joined the WBC family in 2015. He serves alongside his wife, Haley, and daughter, Charlie. He received his Music Ed degree from Anderson University. Christopher also serves full time as the Director of Choral Activities at West-Oak Middle School. At WOMS, Christopher serves as the advisor for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes where 130 students worship and learn each Thursday morning before school in his classroom.
- My favorite Scripture is: "’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’" Jeremiah 29:11
- You can usually find me listening to His Radio or Broadway music.
- The ministries I’m most passionate about are Worship, Church Leadership, and Guest Connection.
- My favorite worship song or hymn is “Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing” (my favorite version is by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir).
- Some places I’ve traveled to are Scotland, Grand Canyon, New York, Orlando, many others.
S E C R E T A R Y
KATHY has been the WBC secretary since 2006. She loves spending time with her family and has a daughter, Terri and a grandson, David. She is a member of NewSpring Church where she serves as the Prayer Team Leader of the Anderson Campus. She leads a study group for women and enjoys planning events for them and her family, crafts, writing, and reading.
P I A N I S T
FAYE has played piano for WBC off and on for many years. She and her husband Truman have three children and four grandsons. Faye is a graduate of Winthrop College (University) and taught school in Oconee County for 30 years.
- My favorite Scripture is Lamentations 3:23, “Great is His faithfulness; His
lovingkindnessbegins afresh each day.”
- The ministries I’m most passionate about are Dot’s Kitchen and serving on the bereavement committee.
O R G A N I S T
MANDY was born and raised in Westminster and has been a member of WBC for 24 years. She’s a graduate of Central Wesleyan College and employed with the School District of Pickens County at Clemson Elementary School. Mandy has been married to her wonderful husband, Ed, for the past three years.
- My favorite Scripture is Isaiah 40:31 “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they will mount up with wings as eagles; they will run and not be weary
; andthey will walk and not faint.”
- My favorite sports team is Clemson Tigers (is there really another one?).
- My favorite worship hymn … I have lots of favorites, but one that stands out now is, Lord I need You by Christ Tomlin.
- On a day off I’d rather be on the beach with a good book!