L E A D P A S T O R
RANDY has a passion to lead WBC towards its vision of a Gospel centered and mission focused church. He was born and raised in Lancaster, SC. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Southern Wesleyan University; a Masters of Divinity degree from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary; and a Doctor of Ministry degree from Reformed Theological Seminary. Randy and his wife Faye have 2 children, Amanda and Kyle; and 4 grandchildren—Micah, Max, McKenzie and James Douglas (aka JD).
- My favorite Scripture is Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."
- Right now I am reading Flickering Lamps: Christ and His Church, by Henry & Richard Blackaby.
D I S C I P L E S H I P P A S T O R
JIM joined the WBC family in 2015. He is also the applications engineering manager for a local aerospace manufacturing company and has two engineering degrees from the University of Tennessee and a Master of Divinity degree from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Jim and his wife Patricia have a daughter and 3 grandchildren.
- My favorite Scripture is Romans 6:17–18 "But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, 18 and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness."
- I’m currently reading Desiring God by John Piper (for the second time) and If God is Good by Randy Alcorn.
- I enjoy golfing (especially with Patricia) and training for and running in endurance obstacle course races like Tough Mudders and Spartan Races.
- Patricia and I enjoy working in our yard, going to the beach, and hiking.
W O R S H I P P A S T O R
CHRISTOPHER joined the WBC family in 2015. He serves alongside his wife, Haley, and daughter, Charlie. He received his Music Ed degree from Anderson University, and is currently pursuing his Masters in Education: Administration and Supervision. Christopher also serves full time as the Director of Choral Activities at West-Oak Middle School.
- My favorite Scripture is: "’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’" Jeremiah 29:11
- I really like roast beef over rice.
- You can usually find me listening to pop or Broadway music.
- I root for Clemson Tigers!
- I like to play piano and sing.
- What I love about Westminster is the small town with a heart for people.
- What I love about my church is the family friendly environment.
- Right now I am reading Move your Bus by Ron Clark.
- The ministry I’m most passionate about is Worship.
- My favorite worship song or hymn is “Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing” (my favorite version is by Mormon Tabernacle Choir).
- On a day off I’d enjoy taking students and adults to Europe on a choir tour.
- Some places I’ve traveled to are Scotland, Grand Canyon, New York, Orlando, many others.
- Some places I’d like to travel to or see include Italy, Austria, Germany.
M I N I S T E R OF S T U D E N T S
LAURA has lived in Westminster, serving at WBC, for the past 10 years. She grew up in Spartanburg, attended Charleston Southern University, and earned her Masters of Divinity in Christian Education from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. She met her husband, Matt, on a blind date during her first VBS at WBC! They’ve been married for 8½ years and love being part of the WBC family.
- You can usually find me listening to The Lord of the Rings station on Pandora Radio when I’m in my office, Country music when I’m in my car, or the Disney station on Pandora Radio when I’m cleaning.
- I root for West-Oak Warriors & Clemson Tigers!
- I like to create quilts for family and friends.
- Right now I am probably reading something that is historical, Christian, and romantic.
- The ministry I’m most passionate about is teaching student of all ages to understand and apply the Word of God to their everyday lives.
S E C R E T A R Y
KATHY lives in Seneca, and she grew up in Inman. She loves spending time with her family and has a daughter, Terri and grandson, David. In addition to keeping her finger on the pulse of WBC as our secretary, she serves on the prayer team of her home church and as admin of an online Bible study group.
- I’d rather be walking a beach than anywhere else!
- I enjoy crafts, writing, reading and gardening.
B U I L D I N G M A I N T E N A N C E
JERRY keeps all the facilities at WBC ticking. More importantly, he and his wife Carol are a great example of the heartbeat of our church. They have a wonderful testimony that they love to share — just ask ‘em! Jerry is the President of the Carolina Faith Riders Motorcycle Ministry and he and Carol organize rides and other events around the area.
- On a day off I’d rather be riding my Harley on some mountain roads!
- I root for Alabama (Roll Tide!), of course!
- The ministry I’m most passionate about is the Carolina Faith Riders and telling others in the biker community about Jesus.
P I A N I S T
FAYE has played piano for WBC off and on for many years. She and her husband Truman have three children and four grandsons. Faye is a graduate of Winthrop College (University) and taught school in Oconee County for 30 years.
- My favorite Scripture is Lamentations 3:23, “Great is His faithfulness; His lovingkindness begins afresh each day.”
- The ministries I’m most passionate about are Dot’s Kitchen and serving on the bereavement committee.
O R G A N I S T
MANDY was born and raised in Westminster and has been a member of WBC for 24 years. She’s a graduate of Central Wesleyan College and employed with the School District of Pickens County at Clemson Elementary School. Mandy has been married to her wonderful husband, Ed, for the past three years.
- My favorite Scripture is Isaiah 40:31 “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they will mount up with wings as eagles; they will run and not be weary; and they will walk and not faint.”
- My favorite sports team is Clemson Tigers (is there really another one?).
- My favorite worship hymn … I have lots of favorites, but one that stands out now is, Lord I need You by Christ Tomlin.
- On a day off I’d rather be on the beach with a good book!